Acne Treatment Specialist in Austin
Acne is a damaging skin condition and Dr. Saya Obayan specializes in treating patients within the Austin Area dealing with chronic acne.
What is acne?
Acne is a common skin condition appearing on the face, back and chest that is the result of inflammation of the sebaceous glands. The glands produce excess oil and the presence of dead skin and bacteria can produce the pus sometimes seen in acne lesions. Some of the symptoms you can see on your skin include pimples, blackheads, bumps, and in more severe cases, cysts. Dr. Obayan sees and treats many patients with chronic acne and puts forth a plan to deal with the root cause and symptoms.
What does acne look like?
There are six common types or stages of acne:
- Blackheads, Whiteheads, and Papules are commonly known as comedo and are a basic acne lesion formed from plugging of the pores in the skin.
- Pimples or Pustules contain pus and have a red base.
- Nodules and cysts are formed deeper in the skin; these are painful and cause pus and scars.
How do you get rid of or treat Acne?
There are typically three approaches used to cure Acne, which involve the following:
- Some medications focus on reducing the oil produced by the Sebaceous glands.
- Getting rid of the bacteria which has infected the skin; this usually involves taking topical or oral antibiotics.
- Removing or exfoliating the layers of dead skin. This has the effect of opening the pores so they don’t get plugged.
The most effective method and specific prescription to be used will be determined by your specific skin condition, of which Dr. Obayan has extensive experience and will guide you to the right approach.
Major Accepted Insurance Providers
Please contact our office if you do not see your insurance provider listed below.
9015 Mountain Ridge Drive
Austin, TX 78759
Get in Touch
|Tuesday:||9:00 am - 5:30 pm|
|Wednesday:||9:00 am - 5:30 pm|
|Thursday:||9:00 am - 5:30 pm|
|Friday:||9:00 am - 5:30 pm|