Dr. Saya Obayan,
MD, MPH, FAAD
Dermatologist located in Austin, TX
Welcome to my practice! It is a privilege to be trusted to care for all of your skin-related needs. I am a Board-Certified Clinical Dermatologist specializing in the care of all types of skin, hair, and nail diseases. I am particularly passionate about spreading awareness about skin care and have a special interest in holistic dermatology. This involves caring for all types of skin diseases and paying attention not only to the many medical and surgical treatments out there but to the myriad of nonpharmaceutical options available to you. Skin conditions are often related to what we eat, drink, and our levels of stress. I examine these factors and more to determine what might be causing the skin condition and how best to treat you.
I find practicing dermatology deeply rewarding. Compassion and hope are an integral part of my approach to treatment and when patients’ symptoms improved or disappear altogether, I feel their sense of joy and relief. I fell in love with the medical profession as a child, watching my mother achieve her dream of becoming a doctor. Her hard work and perseverance inspired me to achieve my goals and give back to society wherever I can.
I have fallen in love with Austin and enjoy spending time outdoors in and around the city. I love kayaking and paddle boarding and taking in the outdoors while on the water. I enjoy hiking and have explored many of the trails in Austin.
In my spare time I also volunteer at the Hope Clinic, offering free services to those who cannot afford insurance and I serve as a role model with the Girls Empowerment Network, encouraging girls to pursue careers in medicine.
I invite you to schedule a consultation to explore your questions and experience it for yourself.
Dr. Obayan obtained her medical degree from the Boston University School of Medicine and is a member of the Travis County Medical Society and the Austin Black Physicians Association.
Credentials & Experience
- Boston University School of Medicine
- Department of Dermatology, Residency
- Completed Masters in Public Health
- Brown University Providence, RI
- Completed Medicine Intern Program
Honors & Awards
- Austin’s top 40 under 40 2019 finalist
- Peter E. Pochi Award for Dermatology Excellence
- American Academy of Dermatology Presidential citation
- Woman’s Dermatology Society – Mentorship Award
- Albert Schweitzer Fellowship Award
- Boston University School of Medicine Summer Research Scholar
- Commission to End Healthcare Disparities, American Academy of Dermatology delegate to the Commission
- American Medical Association; Resident and Fellow Section Delegate
- Austin Black Physicians Association; Scholarship committee co-chair
- AMA and AAD National Advocacy Conferences
- American Medical Association; Minority Affairs Section
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Society of Dermatologic Surgery
- Austin Black Physicians Association
- Texas Dermatological Society
- Texas Medical Association
- Travis County Medical Society
- Women’s Dermatologic Society
Saya Obayan, MD, MPH, FAAD
At Skin Joy Dermatology, it is our joy to treat you in a manner that is in line with your beliefs and tailored to your individual skin concerns. Dr. Obayan takes the time necessary to understand what’s important to you regarding the care of your skin and provides a wide variety of skin care treatments, including natural products. We want you to be a confident partner in the care of your skin and to help you decide which options are the best for your unique skin type.
As a practice, we take a 360 approach to treating skin conditions by providing practical advice and treatment solutions on nutrition, lifestyle, and self-care.
Major Accepted Insurance Providers
Please contact our office if you do not see your insurance provider listed below.
9015 mountain ridge drive
Austin, TX 78759
Get in Touch
|Tuesday:||9:00 am – 5:30 pm|
|Wednesday:||9:00 am – 5:30 pm|
|Thursday:||9:00 am – 5:30 pm|
|Friday:||9:00 am – 5:30 pm|